Whether you are a businessman or a traveler, there is no better device than an e-Book reader for you to enjoy e-Books. This may be one of the reasons for the rapid popularity of e-Book readers these days. Besides, the e-Book reader can also store subscriptions to your daily newspaper and your favorite magazines. This makes it an excellent device for saving space. This is also a great way to increase your environmentally friendly lifestyle.
E-Books provide one of the most convenient ways to read on digital devices such as Kindle, mobile phones, tablets, laptops, desktops and more. However, how to choose the best one among those e-Book readers on the Internet? This article will recommend 8 best e-Book readers which can help you read your e-Books for free.
Kindle software can let you read more than 360,000 Kindle e-Books on your PC or your phone. You don't need a Kindle to read them. With a free Kindle e-Book reader, you only need to purchase a Kindle e-Book once, and you can seamlessly switch between your tablet, smartphone, Kindle device, or personal computer to enjoy reading.
Besides, if you are not an Amazon subscriber, you can still use the Kindle app to open other e-Books on your computer. Unlike the Kindle app, the Kindle PC app even lets you open e-books in EPUB format.
- See your highlights and notes anywhere on any device
- Look up words, people, and places while you read
- Adjust the font
- Track your reading progress
- Unique X-Ray function
OverDrive is another application that can help you enjoy e-Books and audiobooks for free. It is available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Chrome book, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Kindle Fire HD. OverDrive has the e-Books, audiobooks and streaming videos your library needs to reach new users and boost circulation.
It is famous for its digital collection. It also offers an invaluable reading and learning resource to users of all ages. Expand your reach and engagement even further with a digital collection. An OverDrive digital collection allows libraries to extend beyond their physical walls and offer anytime, anywhere access to e-Books, audiobooks, and streaming video.
- Listen to audiobooks
- Watch the video (on Android and iOS only)
- Easy to find menus make all app features
- Sync bookmarks and libraries across Android and iOS devices
- Change font size, margin, contrast and more to suit your style
- Variable-speed playback
3. Icecream Ebook Reader
Icecream Ebook Reader is another simple reader. It is an e-book reader on the PC platform. This software supports multiple e-book formats, including common txt, epub, mobi and other formats. Icecream Ebook Reader also supports adding book sources by yourself, without having to open a browser, you can also update the e-books online, and you can save them for reading next time.
With Icecream Ebook Reader, you can easily manage a digital library on your PC. It is very easy to use, you can use this software to track reading progress, add notes, translate text, use bookmarks, and more just with a few clicks.
- Night mode
- Use bookmarks to revisit the most memorable parts of your book
- Resume reading where you left off in just a click
- Add notes or highlight text with the reader
- Select e-Books text to copy, translate or search Google
Calibre is an all-in-one reader that can satisfy all your e-Books needs. Many users say it is outstanding. It will allow you to do nearly everything and it takes things a step beyond normal e-Book software. It's also completely free, open-source and great for both casual users and computer experts.
Calibre enables you to manage the library, edit the metadata of books, convert e-Books to different formats, and more importantly, you can read e-Books with a built-in reader in Calibre.
- Edit the books in your collection
- It has full support for Table of Contents, bookmarks, CSS, a reference mode and so on
- Download news/magazines from the web
- Share and backup your library easily
Sumatra is a PDF, ePub, MOBI, CHM, XPS, DjVu, CBZ, CBR reader for Windows. The design style of Sumatra PDF is extremely simple. The installation file size of the software is very small, which is much smaller than many e-Book readers so it starts up quickly.
However, Sumatra reader lacks some advanced features such as bookmarking, highlighting, etc. If you are looking for a lightweight application, then Sumatra is a good choice for you.
- Provides a large number of hotkeys
- Change background-color
- After opening the historical document, it will jump directly to the last viewed position
6. Book Bazaar Reader
Book Bazaar Reader can view thousands of free books in EPUB, MOBI, FB2, PDF, TXT format. With Book Bazaar Reader you can import the books from local files and Web URL directly and get an excellent reading experience with high-quality fonts.
"My Library" in the Book Bazaar Reader is a place where the books are stored locally for offline reading. It provides you with many ways of organizing the library. The books can be sorted by time of downloading, size, genres, titles and so on. This is getting very handy when your local library grows to hundreds of books.
- Supports bookmarks, highlights, and notes
- Synchronizes libraries with the cloud on OneDrive
- Allows to choose font family and font size
- Nice page-turning experiences (sliding, or 3d)
FBReader is a popular multi-platform e-Book reader application. It supports popular ebook formats: ePub, fb2, mobi, rtf, html, plain text, and a lot of other formats. It is just suitable for the iOS and Android systems. New versions for Windows, Linux, and MacOS X are under active development.
FBReader not only provides access to popular web libraries containing a large number of eBooks, downloads books for free or for a fee but also can add your own catalog. So you can feel free to use this application.
- Store books in your Google Drive space
- Organize books by authors, by series, etc
- access from the web browser and from FBReader for iPhone/iPad and Android
- Synchronize book collection, reading positions, and bookmarks across devices
Bookviser is an e-Book reader for Windows platform which has feature-rich applications for reading and organizing EPUB and FB2 files on Windows phones and tablets. You can also import e-Books from anywhere on the web and read them anytime and anywhere.
Bookviser has been designed by a team of reading fanatics working closely with their most active users and critics. The result is a feature-rich app providing the best-in-class reading experience. Below we will list some of its specific functions for your reference.
- Adjust font size and line spacing
- OPDS support
- Organize your library automatically
- Adjust the brightness of your display
- Jump to a new section of the book through the table of content or simply by moving the slider
We have listed 8 best e-Book readers here, if you only read when on the train to work or occasionally while you are out of the house, you can skimp a bit on the features, you can use a small application like Sumatra. If you often use the e-Book reader, you can choose the remaining 7 readers. We believe that you can choose a reader which is suitable for you after reading this article. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Was this article helpful? Thank you for your feedback!
YES Or NO